Terms and conditions for the use of the British Protected Ornamentals Association ‘Home Grown’ website
Your continued use of the BPOA’s websites indicates that you have accepted the following terms and conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- BPOA is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commission. We collect anonymous (ie without identifying the User) statistics on use of the system in order to tell advertisers about the level of traffic and to ensure that the resources available are adequate.
- BPOA will record only the information provided to BPOA by the User. Users agree that this data can be used by the system to provide information to other Users for the purpose of exchanging details of goods and services for sale or wanted and of employment vacancies and applications. BPOA will never make information about Users available to third parties, such as mailing houses, unless required to do so by law.
- Users agree that they are solely responsible for any information entered in the system and for maintaining the accuracy of information about themselves and their products and services on offer. They retain ownership of such information, but agree that it may be made available to other Users of the BPOA system. Where BPOA, at the User’s
request, adds information relating to a User in the system, BPOA will take every care to see that the information is correct, but the responsibility for checking the information is the User’s.
- BPOA is not responsible for the truth or accuracy of statements made in advertisements: but BPOA has the right to refuse to accept, and to suppress, any advertisement which BPOA considers misleading or improper in any way.
- BPOA may prevent use of the system by any User that, at the absolute discretion of BPOA, is abusing the system, misleading other Users or is publishing offensive or improper material on the system.
- Full access to the system is reserved to wholesale and trade organisations and other horticulture professionals. If BPOA finds that a User does not belong in these categories, BPOA may prevent further use of the full system by that User.
- Access to the full BPOA system is by Username and Password. Users are responsible for seeing that this information is available only to those in their organisation permitted to use the full system. BPOA is not responsible for any losses caused by the misuse of the system by any unauthorised User. Users should change their password frequently.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information acquired through this website meet your specific requirements.
- Through this website you can link to other websites which are not under the control of BPOA. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the other websites and we have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation of any products or services shown on them or endorse the views expressed within them.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without BPOA’s prior written consent.
- Users may see advertisements for supplies of goods and services, for employment opportunities and for special offers and events. BPOA is not responsible for the content of such advertisements and Users should exercise normal commercial caution in responding to them.
- Advertisers of employment opportunities are required to, and will be assumed to, conform to the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
- BPOA may provide a forum on the HG website for the display of Users’ horticultural problems and invite Users to submit answers or suggestions for their solution. BPOA is not responsible for the reliability of such answers or suggestions. If it becomes clear that the answers posted are frivolous or misleading, BPOA has the right to delete them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, BPOA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance or technical issues beyond our control.
- BPOA will continually review the workings of the system and may cancel elements of the service and add others in the light of experience, and users accept that GMP will improve and change the nature of the service over time.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Ownership of the software supporting the system does not pass to any User of the system and any copying of the underlying computer code is forbidden. No user may copy, or use in any other place, any of the distinctive features of the system and its appearance on the screen.
- The basis of charges by BPOA is set out in a separate notice on the www.bpoaonline.co.uk. Annual fees are due on the date of renewal. If a User’s annual fees remain unpaid for two weeks, BPOA may suspend the use of the system by that User and if remaining unpaid after four weeks BPOA may remove the User and the User’s details from the system. If payments for other services are not made within two weeks BPOA reserves the right to cancel the service or suspend the User’s membership.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of British Protected Ornamentals Association – ©BPOA 2012. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to download and print hard copy parts of the BPOA’s websites for personal, non-commercial use.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Such permission can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01243 784699.